FEBRUARY 3, 2011
SURGERY – MYRINGOTOMY AND BILATERAL EAR TUBES AT CHILDRENS HOSPITAL OF WISCONSIN, THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2011 AT 1:50PM WITH DR. STEPHEN CONLEY, PEDIATRIC OTOLARYNGOLOGIST (ENT).
1) Height – 32 ½ inches. Weight – 22 lbs. 6 oz.
2) Surgery was planned for 12:00 noon, but Dr. Conley had a complicated case scheduled before Ryan thus Dr. Conley was delayed in getting to Ryan. So surgery started at about 1:50pm. Ryan was NPO since midnight the night before. They decided to give Ryan a dose of Keppra, 1.5ml.
3) Because of Ryan’s history of taking a long time to awaken after anesthesia and the affect of anesthesia on his system, they decided to give him gas via mask. No Vercid was given.
4) Ryan was in recovery at about 2:10pm and was crying. He was irritable and crying for about the next hour. The nurse said they gave him 240 mg. of Tylenol, rectally, right after the procedure so it may take a while before the medication helps decrease the pain. Tylenol can be given every 4 hours for pain.
5) Ryan drank some juice and gradually calmed down. The nurses gave instructions for home care. Left to go home at about 4:15pm.
6) Follow up appt. in ENT scheduled for Thursday, February 24, 2011.