DECEMBER 22, 2010
FIRST APPOINTMENT WITH DR. BRUCE KAUFMAN POST-SURGERY, AT CHILDRENS HOSPITAL OF WISCONSIN, ON WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2010.
ALSO SAW DR. CHRIS PESKE, PA. AN MRI OF RYAN’S BRAIN AND SPINAL CORD WAS ALSO DONE THIS MORNING AT CHILDRENS.
1) Ryan weighed 23 lbs. 3.4 oz. Dr. Peske measured Ryan’s head size at 49 cm.
2) In the early afternoon, Ryan was irritable and fussy due to the meds given for MRI. This time he was given the meds intravenously. At about 2:00pm Ryan vomited, due to reaction to the meds, and then slept.
3) Dr. Kaufman asked how Ryan was doing since surgery. Robin reported that he is not throwing up, keeping food down, and has been more vocal. He is scooting around more on the floor. He needs assistance getting to standing position due to decreased strength in hips.
4) Dr. Kaufman compared today’s MRI with the MRI pre-surgery and he said the decompression looked great. The spinal canal was clear, with no blockage. He said the fluid in the ventricles looked okay, a bit bigger than normal, but okay.
5) Dr. Kaufman said to schedule an appointment with him in 4 months.
Note: Due to the way Ryan reacts to the meds for an MRI, try not to schedule another MRI and a doctors appointment on the same day.